br> View my complete profile

Why Get Married: Men Lie Women Cheat!

Why Get Married: Men Lie Women Cheat!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

To Kill a Mother In-Law Part III

Mother in-laws are sometimes good but I have the misfortune of having one that is horrible. I knew she didn't like me from the start.

When I started dating Chuks she wanted to meet me and when she did she didn't approve that I was older than her son and that I was Yoruba. Yes I am one of those women who married a younger guy. Chuks was in his last year of college when he met me. I was already established in my dream occupation.

I travel for business and met Chuks at a Starbuks in the city I was visiting (Miami). We exchanged information and started our cross country love affair. My family had already thrown in the towel saying I would never find love. And then in walks Chuks into the starbucks and that changed my life.

We spent every moment we had together. And I often flew out of the country with him on business trips. We went to Milan, we visited Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney, Rome, and Johannesburg, South Africa. All expenses were paid by me of course. We would make love in my backyard and play in my pool. I was in heaven.

I am 40 and Chucks is 26. I know many people think this is wrong but I love him. His mother thought so too but did I really care? absolutely not!

Well she has done everything to kill what love we have. Chuks even cheated on me with some little tramp during our courtship. We had decided to take a break because he felt pressure from his family that I was too old. He later told me that he slept with this girl his mother had pressured him to date while we were on break. I am old enough to know that no one can pressure you to sleep with anyone unless you really wanted to at some point in the back of your mind. Chuks confessed that he wanted to feel un hitched and so he did what he felt.

We had to recommit our relationship to each other. And then we got married in a small ceremony. Only our friends were invited. His mother was furious. She wanted a big traditional affair. I didn't care for one.

My family was happy I got married. They adored Chuks and when I took him to Nigeria to meet my parents they were so happy to have a son in law finally (I am the only girl in the midst of four brothers) they didn't care his ethnicity or tribe.

The girl Chuks slept with got pregnant and had a baby girl. We adopted her officially this past May (2006) much to Chuks mother's upsetness. She felt that now that the girl was pregnant that Chuks would leave me since I can't have kids but that is not the case. We have a daughter now and I am pregnant with a boy. I take care of the girl like she is mine and she will never feel like she isn't. I am to old to run around after Chuks mother quelling all the gossip and lies and fires that she starts. Either she is telling someone that I am sleeping around and that is how I got my job or that I am sleeping around and that is my job. Or she is telling people I am poisoning my baby. Whatever the case may be, Chuks and I are just living our lives. He is in a Ph.D program now for Chemistry research and I am still traveling for work. My husband doesn't have to work right now, but he works as a professor at a junior college. He is adamant to prove he is the bread winner so I allow him to pay for everything his paycheck can and i save my money for a rainy day. We live in a small two bedroom apartment and even though we can afford more (based on my salary) I don't want anything my husband can't provide.

Short and simple angle of the matter is that I understand that the crazy woman that is his mother will never leave our lives until she dies, so I choose to ignore her and live a happy life with my husband.

Posted by Passion :: 9:45 AM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------