br> View my complete profile

Why Get Married: Men Lie Women Cheat!

Why Get Married: Men Lie Women Cheat!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What is it?

I don't know what it is about Soji that first drew me to him. But I do know that he has become the reason that my life is what it is. I am not going to put the full blame on him afterall it takes two to tango, but then again, I am in love. And I know love makes you do strange things.

You know how you move in the same circle of friends for a while and then friendship just leads to relationship. I have known Soji since I was 5. He moved in right next door to me with his family in Staten Island. Anyone that knows Staten Island knows that it is saturated with Nigerians. Soji and I were friends. Through all the grades we were always in the same class. When I went to High School, Soji would go with me. He later moved to Texas in tenth grade with his family. Not before we snuck into his parents bed and had sex. I wanted to stop being a virgin and he wanted to have sex.

Soji and I had a few unprotected encounters and by tenth grade when his family was moving, we were sex buddies. Unfortunately, I found out I was pregnant around this time. My parents were devasted, I wasn't allowed to have an abortion but was quickly sent to my Aunty in Virginia. I had my precious daughter and was shipped back without her to my parents in NY. The next few years were a blurr. I was in high school making excellent grades and my daughter was in Virginia with my mother's sister. We only saw each other on vacations and even then I was referred to as "Aunty Bunmi". Can you imagine? My Aunty was called mommy. It was weird because the baby looked so much like Soji.

The next time we would meet, Soji came to NY for a party with some friends. We bumped into each other at a club. He didn't recognize me because he hadn't seen me in so long. But I recognized him because I saw his face everytime I got a chance to see my daughter. I was already in my Junior year of College. He was with his guys and I walked over asked him if he was Soji. He said yeah, and then I told him who I was. He was so happy to see me he grabbed and hugged me tight. Soji had grown into a very fine looking man and I was not a bad catch either. We started drinking and talking and one thing led to another. I ended up with my legs behind my head in his hotel room.

Foolish me!

THe whole time Soji was in town, the whole two weeks, I would leave class and meet up with him. We had great sex! It was the best I had had in a long while. And unlike when we were kids he actually knew what he was doing. He made me feel alive. After he left we promised to keep in touch. At first I didn't mind so much that I was his holiday lay but since I had his child, I was beginning to regret not telling him. Soji called me a few times and that was that. AFter about four months of missing my period, I decided to check again and boom, I was pregnant.

I didn't know what to do. I tried to keep it hidden and didn't want to abort. I didn't want to tell Soji because it would almost be like entrapment. I didn't know how to get myself out of the mess and I was scared if I had an abortion I wouldn't ever be able to have kids agian. Part of that whole scare tactic that NIgerian parents use.

Anyway, after the eighth month, I got kicked out of the dorm and rented an apartment. i told my parents it was becauase I was drinking. My mother came to visit saw my stomach, called my father and then the dissappointment started again. I had my second daughter at the age of 20. She was born April 8. I will never forget because when I gave birth to her, both my parents were in the hospital. They actualy supported me through labor and delivery and my daughter commmenced living with my parents. I was called Aunty Bunmi again and she called my parents mommy and daddy. She had Soji's hair and face but her eyes and temperment were all mine

Fastforward, I have two girls who call different people Daddy and Mommy by the same guy. Third year of Medical School. I bump into Soji again. This time he is with his girlfriend. He was so happy to see me and introduced me to her. He said they were in town visiting her parents. We did the usual call me sometime. Two days later, Soji and I meet up for dinner. His girl had flown back early to catch work on Monday. I don't know why Soji stayed all I know is I had sex with him again. I think I am addicted and don't know what to do. He stayed for two days and returned to Houston. This time I was sure to be on birth control. This time no more accidents. I told myself.

Soji and I kept up our friends with benefits relationship. Once his girlfriend was out of town and I flew to Houston and we fucked all over thier apartment. I was the other woman. And his baby's mama. Of course with all the sex, I had no time for school and had to retake my third year of medical school. I graduated and got a job at a hospital in Texas. Great! Now we saw each other on a regular basis. He soon broke it off with the girl and we began a relationship. I realize that I have been in love with him in some form my whole life.

We are getting married September 1, 2007. Should I tell him he has two daughters? What should I do?

Posted by Passion :: 12:22 PM :: 17 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------